Bonnie Rose is St. Andrew’s paid nursery attendant for the Sunday service at 10:00 am. We are thankful for the excellent care she provides our children.
The children in the church school are divided into two groups: three years old through kindergarten and first grade through fifth grade. Dividing the children has enabled St. Andrew’s to provide age appropriate activities and discussions.
The church school meets each week during the school year except the first Sunday of the month. During the first Sunday we have the children's service at 10:00 in which the children and youth participate (offering, greeting, reading, etc.). For the remainder of the month, children join their families in worship at the Peace during our 10:00 service.
The children and youth of St. Andrew's are one of our top priorities. We tailor our youth program to the youth we have (based on numbers and ages of the youth). Our youth function as acolytes, torchbearers, crucifers (processional cross bearer) and Gospel bearers. Acolytes and servers assist the clergy and other worship leaders with our worship services. Many go on to become Chalice Bearers or Lay Eucharist Ministers and Visitors. Children can begin serving as acolytes when they are at least 8 years old . To be a server, children should be at least 12 years old. Initial and ongoing training is provided.
UNITED YOUTH GROUP NEWS
Our youth have joined with other churches in the community and are part of the United Youth Group.
- As we have fewer guest speaker coming we will be turning to our bibles. United Youth will be revisiting the stories we learned at Sunday School and discover new stories we didn't even know existed!
- The month of March we will be meeting at Beaver Memorial unless otherwise noted.
- Saturday, March 23rd from 1-2:30 pm the Donald Heiter Center is having a cleaning day. This is an opportunity to help out our community. If you, or your youth, are interested just show up and have a good time.
- March 24th - Meeting at St. Paul's. Daniel will be leading the youth.
- March 30th is a Saturday- Winter Jam Concert in State College. Doors open at 5 pm. $15 donation at the door. Since we don't have a big interest in this event, I am suggesting that those who are get together and car pool. Follow this link for additional info: https://www.premierproductions.com/tour/winter-jam-tour-spectacular-2019/state-college-pa
- Sunday, March 31st we will meet at St. Paul's at 5 pm for a movie and pizza night instead of bowling. We will try to go bowling again in a month or so.
- April 21st is Easter. United Youth will not be meeting.
- Saturday, May 4th Beaver is hosting a Rise Against Hunger meal packaging event. Please use the link below for more information and to sign up.
St. Andrews Ministries:
Our Children and Educational Opportunities